Re-Engineering Sales Management
A manifesto for modern sales operations management – embracing the new order of customer driven buyer/seller relationships.
Buy and Download Now with secure payment and delivery via Fastspring only $5.00.
In today’s flatter, faster world, prospects are smarter and better informed. They’re suspicious of claims made by sellers, more demanding of personalised offers, insistent on controlling the relationship. Vendors must know what will make the customer happy, prove how they’ll deliver it, and do it at a price which can be paid.
- Sales managers need to evolve from lion tamers into engineers, with resources, strategies and processes which can be continuously improved.
- Sales people need to evolve from robotic drones into intelligent capable entrepreneurs – business people who can develop value adding and sharing relationships with customers.
- The sales model needs to evolve, targeting the right prospects, defining a scope of delivery, planning and executing a process through which both buyer and seller agree what will work for both parties, and how that will be achieved, and paid for.
- Businesses need to evolve. Instead of simply making product because they can, they need to offer value propositions customers want, and can be delivered. They need a sales strategy to decide which offers are put to which potential customers, and how. They need a sales process which minimizes the cost of sale, by not selling to those unlikely to buy.
They need ‘business people’ sales guys who can collaborate, negotiate and manage. And they need to measure the results, and find ways to improve the efficiency of the process. They need a continuous cycle of improvement – just like the engineers in the factories.
Reengineering Sales Management is a manifesto for selling in the 21st century, suggesting philosophies, processes and tools to help any organisation make the transition from the old order to the new.
- We explain the importance of strategy, and provide a template you can use to develop your own.
- We explain Sales Probability Process Management – our theory for managing a pipeline of opportunities and improving sales forecasting.
- Reengineering Selling translates the messages from the stories into basic principles you can remember – like Call As High As You Can – with common sense explanations of why they work.
- Reengineering Price offers ideas on that part of the job most newcomers find most difficult.
- Reengineering Business Planning explains a basic concept and provides a template for explaining strategies investors will believe in.
- Succeeding in Sales Management suggests a road map for getting the sales managers job, and keeping it. Its a pragmatic recognition of the realities of life in the hot seat, and tactics to avoid get burned.